Band Director: Heidi Fraser
Band is an instrumental performance based music class offered to all 3 grade levels. We offer Beginning (1st year), Intermediate (2nd year) and Advanced (3rd year) Band Classes.
We teach the following instruments:
- Beginning Band: Flute, Clarinet, Alto Saxophone, Trumpet & Trombone (2nd semester we add percussion, baritone and tuba)
- Intermediate & Advanced Band: We expand our instrumentation to also include Bass Clarinet, Tenor/Bari Saxophones, Oboe and French Horn.
Concerts: As a performance-based class, we have concerts to demonstrate our learning and increasing ability several times a year, usually in December, March and June. Beginning Band has 2, while the others will have 3 (or even 4). Concerts start at 7pm.
Uniforms: All band students will receive a Band Shirt at the beginning of the year that will serve as the concert uniform. 7th/8th Graders will also need long black pants, socks and shoes. The Band shirt will cost $10.
Materials: Each band student will need an instrument, method book (see below), maintenance kit, and a ½ inch binder to keep music in. This binder will be separate from the binder that holds the rest of their school work.
- Beginning Band: Measures of Success Book 1 for their instrument
- Intermediate Band: Measures of Success Book 1 for their instrument
- Advanced Band: Standard of Excellence Book 2 for their instrument.