Beaverton School District Responsible Use Of Technology
The Beaverton School District (BSD) is committed to learning that empowers all students to achieve post-high school success. This includes safe, smart, and ethical use of technology. Computers, software, the internet, and other new technologies open doors to virtually unlimited opportunities to connect, share, do work, and especially, learn. We wish to leverage that power and create the best education possible for all of our students.
Our world is increasingly digital, connected, and mobile. We use computers, tablets, smartphones and the internet every day in ways that benefit our lives. School and learning are no different -- school is not just preparation for life, it is part of life, and it reflects the world that we live in. We want teachers, students, and parents to receive the benefits of this connected world, aware that we are doing our best to make those connections as safe as possible.
We are fortunate to be in the position to offer a 21st Century learning experience for our students. We could not have made the investment in the technology and tools needed for this experience if our community had not approved a $680M bond measure for capital improvements in the Beaverton School District in 2014. So, thank you Beaverton community for supporting our students as they become Future Ready. You can follow our progress here: https://www.beaverton.k12.or.us/depts/tchlrn/future-ready/Pages/default.aspx
This document is intended to make clear what is expected of anyone (staff, students, parents, guests) who uses technology for district-sponsored activities. The scope includes:
- Any technology used at school or at district-sponsored activities. This applies to technology that is owned by the district as well as devices that belong to a private party.
- Technology that is owned by the district but used away from the school for school.
This document has three parts:
- Important things for parents and students to know about using technology.
- Detailed information using district-provided Chromebooks.
- Information about internet safety and rights and responsibilities for acceptable use of technology.
We hope that all students and all parents/guardians read all of this document. If you have questions or concerns, please contact a teacher or administrator at your school.
Thank you for partnering with us.
Administrator for Instructional Innovation
Beaverton School District